Harbinger

RECAP: 1/9/16 Boys’ Basketball vs. Bristol Eastern

Tyler Madden, Staff Writer

The Manchester High School Varsity boys’ basketball team had a quick turnaround playing on Monday night after last Friday’s win over RHAM. The team took on Bristol Eastern and came out with their second win in a row, beating the Lancers 56-28.

The reason why this team has so much potential is the depth that they have on their bench. This game was not the prettiest, but the biggest factor for MHS in this game was that they were able to keep up their defensive intensity through all four quarters, allowing only 28 points scored while playing everyone on the bench. Manchester’s defense was key in the first two quarters as they led at the half, 27-19.

They kept up that same intensity in the second half and were able to secure the win to move their record to 5-2 on the year. The leading scorer for Manchester was Davien Barnes (12 points) in his first career start. The leading scorer for Bristol Eastern was Rod Jenkins (12 points). This game moved Bristol Eastern’s record to 3-5.

The next seven days are going to be the longest and biggest test of the season for the team, as they have three road games in five days. They play against East Catholic Thursday January 12th, E.O. Smith on Friday January 13th, and South Windsor on Monday January 16th. All games tip at 6:45.