Harbinger

Amazing Alumni: Turner Meek ‘12

Back to Article
Back to Article

Amazing Alumni: Turner Meek ‘12

Turner Meek, MHS Class of 2012

Turner Meek, MHS Class of 2012

Photo: Turner Meek

Turner Meek, MHS Class of 2012

Photo: Turner Meek

Photo: Turner Meek

Turner Meek, MHS Class of 2012

Julia Pardi, Editor-in-Chief

Rory Mcllroy, Jordan Spieth, Adam Scott, and Turner Meek, all in Augusta, Ga. for the 81st edition of The Masters Tournament.

Turner Meek, a 2012 Manchester High School graduate, has been living down south and training to become a golf club professional. His education in the Professional Golf Management program at Florida State University has provided him with amazing opportunities such as being able to work merchandising at this year’s Masters.

The Masters began April 6 at the Augusta National Golf Club, but Turner was working at the tournament all week. Among the highlights was seeing Spieth, one of the top players on the PGA Tour, during a practice round.

When reminiscing about his time at Manchester High School, he had one specific part to be most grateful for; joining the golf team.

“Being on the MHS golf team was a massive influence on my career choices today,” he said. “Those years helped me grow a love for the game that turned into a passion for the business and teaching of golf as a PGA Professional. I got my first golf industry job at Manchester Country Club washing carts and cleaning clubs so that I could play for free and get better.

“I learned that I wanted to be around golf for the rest of my life and know that my career choices and future would have been different if I didn’t join the MHS golf team.”

His love for golf has only continued to grow and he is beyond happy that he chose this career path.

“What I love most about my job is that I’m not stuck behind a desk all day, and that I spend a lot of time playing and teaching golf to my members,” Turner explained. “The more I have gotten better at this aspect of being a golf professional, the more I have come to find how rewarding it is. My big goals for the future are to consistently maintain a plus handicap and eventually be the head pro at an elite private club where I can own and operate my own merchandise shop as well.”

Turner will graduate from FSU in May 2017 and will begin his career as an assistant professional at Wianno Country Club in Osterville, Cape Cod.

Julia Pardi, Editor-in-Chief

Julia Pardi is a senior at Manchester High School. She has been in the Harbinger class since her sophomore year and will proudly be taking on the position...

1 Comment

One Response to “Amazing Alumni: Turner Meek ‘12”

1. Grams on April 7th, 2017 2:37 pm

Awesome! So proud! Lots of love.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.