The student news site of Manchester High School

Harbinger

Girl Scout Cookies

Girl Scout Cookies are here!

Photo: Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts

Girl Scout Cookies are here!

Morgan Smith, Social Media Editor

Girl Scout Cookies, a food that excites people year round. The organization of Girl Scouts itself is built off of courage, confidence and character, all coming together to try and make the world a better place. The girl scout cookies themselves are used to not only fill the stomachs of people everywhere, but to fund the exciting new experiences to give these Girl Scouts a new outlook on their world.

There are thought to be 5 skills needed for the sale and success of each box sold. One was to be goal setting, where the Girl Scouts and their team set goals and expectations for the sales. Second comes the decision making, where the girls decide where to sell, trying to create the best and highest income possible. Third then becomes money management, where the girls develop a budget and form a concept of handling the purchasers’ money. People skills come next, because the interaction between the Girl Scout and those interested in purchasing the cookies is very important in the success of the sale. Last, there is the business ethic, which is where the Girl Scouts seem to learn the most. These Girl Scouts are responsible for the whole process of selling the Girl Scout Cookies, whether it is advertising, selling or the interaction during the sale.

With Girl Scout Cookies in season, it feels like relief is in the air for all who have been craving the cookies year round. The types of cookies include Thin Mints, Samoas, Tagalongs, Trefoils, Do-si-dos, Toffee-tastic, Savannah Smiles, and Girl Scout S’mores.

Is there one on that list that seems new? Well you’re correct! Girl Scout S’mores are a new addition to the sale, and offer a new flavor for all of the Girl Scout Cookie lovers. The new addition is thought of as a “more delicious way to support the next adventure,” according to the Girl Scouts’ official website.

With Girl Scouts learning how to impact the world in a new way each day, the sale of their cookies seem to impact the stomachs the same way. Girl Scouts is an amazing program that have helped to shape and form all those involved, which is an amazing reward. But aren’t we all rewarded, with the amazing taste and powerful purchase that comes with each box of Girl Scout Cookies?

This is not a sponsored post.