The student news site of Manchester High School
2016-17 Assistant Editor-in-Chief Aminah Nassiff and 2016-17 Editor-in-Chief Julia Pardi

Photo: Rowmel Findley / Elizabeth Turley

So Long, MHS: Notes from the Editors

June 12, 2017

Walking into Manchester High School on the first day of freshman year, it seemed like my time as an MHS student would stretch on for an eternity. The school seemed huge, the classes daunting, and my peers were mostly a sea of unknown faces, something I did not expect after having lived here for my whole life.

Now, at the end of my senior year, I know that MHS is not big at all, physically or population-wise. It’s actually just the right size. Classes were challenging enough, but not impossible. As for my peers, some of my greatest lessons I’ve learned not from teachers, but from them. And, though four years may seem like a long time, these four years flew by faster than the previous fourteen.

Leaving MHS will be much more difficult than I imagined it would be four years ago. I’ll cherish the memories I’ve made with friends, the advice of my teachers, and the experiences I’ve had for years to come. Harbinger, especially, will be hard to say goodbye to. Since sophomore year it has been a space I’ve considered to be home, and I hope for it to continue to grow and prosper after we leave.

Thank you to Harbinger and to MHS for a great high school experience, and congratulations to the Class of 2017!