Harbinger

“Charlie Brown” Musical a Success

Noor Majid, Web Developer

Photo: Kelly Shea
The CB cast during their “Glee Club Rehearsal” scene.

This past weekend (March 22-24) saw the performance of You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown by MHS students. The two-hour show aired for three nights — Thursday, Friday, and Saturday — and included popcorn and an endearing Snoopy plush toy. The musical featured leads Max Toth as Charlie Brown; Sophia Reid as Lucy van Pelt; Cristobal Colon as Schroeder; Felix Kwok as Snoopy; Drew Higgins as Linus van Pelt; and Amber Moriarty as Sally Brown. The supporting cast was comprised of Jesenia Westine, Nina Griffin, Anthony Grasso, Hanna Little, Nathan Zilora, Cynthia Maheux, Elena Bachmann, Alyssa Pare, Katherine Miner, Majesty Moore, Jessica Slogesky, and Sarah Waggoner.

Students devoted months of long rehearsals to put this show together, and their dedication really showed in their superb performances. Several students showcased their spectacular abilities to act and sing in their solo numbers, such as Sophia Reid’s (Lucy) “Schroeder”, and Cris Colon’s (Schroeder) “Beethoven Day”.

The production was a fun-filled performance, and included a hilarious “rabbit chasing” pantomime, as well as a groovy “Suppertime” showtune sung by Felix Kwok as Snoopy.

Special thanks to directors of the production, Amanda Lister and Kelly Shea. The show also would not have been possible without the pit orchestra — which included MHS students Noor Majid and Vanessa Hudson on violin; Delaney Faulkner and Corinne Glenney on viola; and Sean Moriarty and Logan Moore on bass — and MHS Tech Crew, so kudos to them as well!

Photo: Kelly Shea
From L to R: Max Toth, Drew Higgins, and Sophia Reid in YAGMCB.