Harbinger

Our Guide To Binge-Worthy Netflix Shows

Back to Article
Back to Article

Our Guide To Binge-Worthy Netflix Shows

Photo: Netflix

Photo: Netflix

Photo: Netflix

Asiana Flordelis, Staff Writer

A huge part of the world’s population has a Netflix account, but not everyone knows what to watch. Here are some shows to binge watch — in no specific order — with their summaries from Netflix’s website:

1. Shameless – A dramedy based on a British series that centers on siblings in a dysfunctional Chicago family who struggle while coping with their alcoholic father.
  2. Black Mirror – A contemporary reworking of “The Twilight Zone” with stories that tap into the collective unease about the modern world. All episodes are different with technology advancements that aren’t always good.
  3. Stranger Things – When a young boy vanishes, a small town uncovers a mystery involving secret experiments, terrifying supernatural forces and one strange little girl.
  4. 13 Reasons Why – After a teenage girl’s perplexing suicide, a classmate receives a series of tapes that unravel the mystery of her tragic choice.
  5. Atypical – When a teen on the autism spectrum decides to get a girlfriend, his bid for more independence puts his whole family on a path of self-discovery.
  6. End of the F***ing World – A budding teen psychopath and a rebel hungry for adventure embark on a star-crossed road trip in this darkly comic series based on a graphic novel.
  7. Big Mouth – Teenage friends find their lives upended by the wonders and horrors of puberty in this edgy, animated comedy from real-life pals Nick Kroll and Andrew Goldberg.
  8. Jane the Virgin – After vowing to remain chaste until marriage, Jane Villanueva learns she’s pregnant due to a medical slip-up and has to rethink her future.
  9. 7 Seconds – The death of a 15-year-old African American boy in Jersey City sets off a police cover-up and a search for the truth.
  10. On My Block – In a rough inner-city Los Angeles neighborhood, four smart, funny and streetwise teens find their lifelong friendship tested as they begin high school

Asiana Flordelis, Staff Writer

Asiana is a junior at MHS, and this is her first year on the Harbinger crew. She’s really excited to mature as a writer and journalist through Harbinger.