Harbinger

Profile: Kassandra Holder

Back to Article
Back to Article

Profile: Kassandra Holder

MHS physical education teacher Kassandra Holder

Photo: Courtesy of Kassandra Holder

Photo: Courtesy of Kassandra Holder

Photo: Courtesy of Kassandra Holder

Gianna Burti, Staff Writer

Kassandra Holder is a physical education teacher at Manchester High School. She graduated from MHS eight years ago, and now is a coach and health teacher. 

She also has a deep interest in coding. She explained that in her “ MySpace days” she would use coding on her profile, by typing in certain numbers to change her profile the way that she wants. Her interest in coding could’ve led her to create her own video games and websites, which is something she would have loved to do if she did not become a teacher.

Since she obviously didn’t go that route in life, but she still enjoys being a P.E teacher and interacting with her students. She wants to make sure her students know that they should find ways to work out, go to the gym, put healthy nutrients in their bodies, and overall just take care of themselves. She believes Personal Fitness is the best class that you can take in high school because of how you can work out independently and together as a class. She hopes to teach her students that they should try new things and be willing to fail, because she believes you can learn when you don’t succeed.

Ms. Holder attempts to greet every student she sees, and wants her students to know that she is very accepting of everyone and who they are. She offers open arms to any student who is going through their own obstacles and is more than willing to talk to them and give them advice; any student is welcome to come to her office, and talk to her for whatever they need.

Overall, her experience as a Physical Education teacher has given her opportunities to help others, while expressing herself to the fullest extent.

Gianna Burti, Staff Writer

Gianna Burti, is a senior at Manchester High school. Her favorite subject in school is Science. This year she is taking “Mythbusters” because the class...